Are we staying or leaving?
This new year has brought many changes for our family, one of which was a promotion for Mike. Although we are excited about his accomplishments, it is taking him into another territory of the country, and dragging us with him! We have four states to choose from, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Utah, but since nothing compares to living in Southern California, how do you make that kind of decision? So, we haven't yet, but our house is on the market. Real estate is worse than sucky right now, so who knows, maybe the house won't sell and we won't have to move, but I am trying to come to terms with leaving this dreamy part of the country that I have loved calling home. Mike has told me that chances are low that we will be able to stay, but I feel like Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber, "so you're tellin me there's a chance!" I prefer being in denial versus moving somewhere cold and rainy! So for now I try to ignore that nasty sign on my front lawn, and manage to keep my house mostly clean for agents and strangers. I know I will look back on this time in my life and be glad to be done with it!

2 Comments:
What!? When Simon moved from Orlando to Washington in 3rd grade. He claims he was depressed for months when he got there. Leaving Disney and Sunny Weather. But funny thing is he really grew to love it because now he always talks about how he misses the rain. If I have a vote, I vote Pennsylvania. If you can't swing that, then I guess Utah, so that I can visit you every year. Simon's family bought a house there. We are visiting this August. Too funny "so you're tellin me there's a chance!" Hopefully there is money involved in this promotion and it can soothe your troubled soul:)
Utah, Utah, Utah!!! I wouldn't want to leave the beautiful area you live either as well as your beautiful home, but if you had to choose, I think Utah is calling you. Of course, it has nothing to do with the fact that we live here :)
Oh the memories of Dumb and Dumber! Eric and I still quote it all the time, LOL.
I am so excited you have a blog! Yea!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home