4/04/2008

The Bagel Shack


I never knew that a simple food place would bring so much joy to my life. Maybe that's because the rest of my life seems so difficult, or up in the air, that the consitency of a favorite lunch spot makes me feel so happy. Or also that every time I go there I run into a friend and end up spending an hour catching up and venting about life. Whatever the reason though, I have found a newfound love for the combination of a swiss bagel, cream cheese, tomatoes, lemon pepper, and an endless supply of fountain diet coke (only real dc drinkers know that there is a real difference between the canned or bottled versions!). I feel somewhat awkward writing about how food makes me happy, and that anyone that didn't know me would read this and think I weighed 300 pounds, but at the same time never want to forget about the happy memories that this local food stop has brought me! Thank you Bagel Shack, keep making them and I'll keep eating them!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger everything pink! said...

what??? so exciting a blog! yea!!!!
thanks for letting me peek in!

4/04/2008 03:32:00 PM  
Blogger simon and amy said...

What is it about bagels? Remember going to Einsteins on saturdays for bagels and soup. And on most of our trips there, Nikki was in her fleece:)

4/04/2008 07:54:00 PM  
Blogger The Henries said...

Oooh, Einsteins! That corn chowder soup we'd get-yummy. I don't see anything wrong with a love for food. That is the first thing I plan for trips-where are we going to eat? I have my mom send me tortillas from El Indio!

I'm so glad we had the fleece intervention. We should have also talked with Nikki about barking out the car window during a Taco Bell midnight run. I sure miss her!

4/05/2008 09:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home