9/11/2009

9-11-09

I am moved by everyone's posts today about their reflections of the terror of 9-11 years ago. I think we can all remember what we were doing when we found out about the towers being struck, and falling to the ground. It almost seems like it was yesterday to me, because I can still remember the way it felt to see so much destruction in our own country.
I had the opportunity to visit the Ground Zero museum last Spring when I visited New York, and was overwhelmed by the sadness I felt there. It was really difficult for me to see the wall of missing persons, and read the feelings of people that were there, people that were directly affected by the tragedy of that day. But, after the tears, I felt a solemn pride in my fellow Americans that risked their lives that day, and in so doing, united our country. I am so grateful for that experience, and for allowing myself to feel that sadness... because sometimes it is easy to push it aside and try to forget. I don't ever want to forget.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Well said Lizzy! Loved your post :)

9/13/2009 02:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home