4/05/2009

MRI Results

We met with Lyla's new neurologist on Thursday to discuss the results of her latest MRI, as well as to consult on her case. After waiting 4.5 hours to see the doctor, he told us that basically the MRI did not show anything. It was frustrating because he said that the neuroradiologist said in her notes that her scan looked "normal", which he disagreed with. He said that her white matter looks abnormal, and that he feels as though she still fits under the category of a white matter disease. He is going to consult further with the neuroradiologist, and we are being scheduled for another EEG. He also ordered a whole genome array CGH analysis, which basically maps the whole genome. We may or may not get any answers from that test, which we already had the blood drawn for, and the results will take a few weeks. This test is the same genetic test that my niece Claire had, so it may be interesting to see how their results compare. Anyway, basically we didn't learn anything new. Mike and I both felt that we liked this doctor though, who is the 4th neurologist that we have seen now. We will continue to have her followed at UCLA, even though it takes forever to get up there! I hate going to LA! So, at least we feel comfortable that she now has a doctor that will be spearheading her case. I will update as soon as I get any results that are significant to report!

6 Comments:

Blogger Keri said...

Lizzy, that's got to be so frustrating. You'd think if we can land on the moon that the doctors could figure out what's wrong, eh? I hope you get some answers or updates with this next round of tests. We love hearing about Lyla.

4/06/2009 07:37:00 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I'm so glad to hear that you think this doctor will be good. I really hope that all goes well for these tests and that you get some answers that will help you better help your beautiful little girl! You are in our prayer! I love you!

4/06/2009 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Oh, how frustrating! I think the unknown is just the worst! Hopefully you will receive some answers soon. Love you lots!

4/06/2009 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger simon and amy said...

I'm glad that you found a doctor that you like - sorry that they didn't have more answers for you guys. - Amy

4/07/2009 01:59:00 PM  
Blogger LJ, DC and ML said...

Absolutely it will be interesting to compare with Claire. Hopefully there will be at least some answers in the next round. . . Just saw your mama's pics from her visit, Lyla and the kids all look super happy!

4/08/2009 04:45:00 PM  
Blogger Mindy Latteier said...

I'm glad you found a doctor you like, even if you aren't getting many answers. That must be very frustrating. Thanks for posting about the Lyla happenings. I miss her smile!

4/09/2009 09:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home