10/31/2008

Halloween fun

Just a few pictures of Lyla Lou for the ten minutes that she has been happy today! I thought I would take advantage of the few minutes to get her in her Halloween costume, an orange onesie and orange flower in her hair! I was able to make her laugh, even though the camera was out. Usually when she sees the camera the smile fades away and her look becomes somewhat confused!
We decorated pumpkins for Family Night last Monday. Unfortunately, they started getting soft and molding the day after! It has been about 85 degrees every day this week! Definitely not the kind of Halloween weather I grew up with!
I got one of those pumpkin carving kits this year, so as to avoid trying to figure out what and how to carve. Growing up, the carving of pumpkins was my least favorite part of Halloween. I learned to just turn my pumpkin over to my brother Scott. This year, the carving kits made it easy to have a fun looking pumpkin. A little time consuming for Mike and I, but the kids loved them!
This one is Madelyn's:
Michael was all about the pirate pumpkin:
And Abby, of course, wanted the princess castle:
Looking forward to trick or treating, hopefully we will get some good pics!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jaynann said...

Those pics are awesome! Oh that smile just cracks me up. She is too cute.

10/31/2008 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Lyla Lou is so beautiful! I miss all you guys. Hope you had a great Halloween!

10/31/2008 09:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

I am so impressed with the pumpkins! Lyla is looking pretty cute too!! Hope you guys had a fun night trick-or-treating!

10/31/2008 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

The pics of Lyla Lou are so so cute!! Adorable smile. The pumpkins are pretty awesome too, and wouldn't it have been nice to have those kits all those years ago. Maybe we could have had some pictures with a smile on your face for that activity!!!

11/02/2008 09:37:00 PM  
Blogger The Henries said...

First of all I love the photos of Lyla and I'd like a shirt to match hers so that people would stop giving me a hard time about not dressing up.
Second, those pumpkins look awesome! We must have had the same kit. Was the "princess" castle supposed to be a scary castle? I love the pirate pumpkin too!

11/03/2008 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mindy Latteier said...

Well you certainly put our pumkins to shame!
Lyla looks so sweet. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the "happy moment".

11/03/2008 09:16:00 PM  
Blogger simon and amy said...

I'm not a fan of carving pumpkins either. it is just so messy. I actually bought a pumpkin just for carving this year - trying to be a fun mom, but I put it off so long that we never ended up doing it. I think I'll have to try it again next year with one of those kits. They look great and love the pics of Lyla too.

11/06/2008 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger LJ, DC and ML said...

Pumpkin guts make me want to puke. I don't know why really, just something about them. You're a brave one!

11/08/2008 11:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home