8/22/2008

Soccer Camp

The kids got to do their first soccer camp last week. I have purposely not put the kids in soccer simply because Mike and I are reluctant to give up our lazy Saturdays. We usually like to go to the beach, and not have anything on our agenda, and soccer apparently does not work that way. However, I found a week long camp for the kids to try out the sport to see if they liked it, and they loved it. I have to admit, I loved seeing them go out to the field in their little cleats and shin gaurds, and kick the ball around. I was actually really surprised at how much Abby loved it, she was the most enthusiastic about getting to the field in the morning! (She still came home after soccer and put on her pink dresses, though!) So, after that, Mike and I just might have to sacrifice our lazy Saturdays! Madelyn was really proud of her certificate! Abby was really excited that I found a pink soccer shirt for her! I don't know what Michael was doing here! I think he was upset that they didn't win the world cup on their last day! So cute!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Welcome to the fold Lizzy! Even though your Saturday's will be filled w/ many games, it's so much fun to see them excited to play. Great exercie, great times, great fun! Enjoy!

8/23/2008 08:22:00 AM  
Blogger The Henries said...

Love the pink shirt! You are such a great mom! Carlie's favorite part of soccer is the snack that they get when they're done. I can't imagine where she gets that from!?
Have a great season!

8/24/2008 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Johnson Family said...

Join the club of soccer moms everywhere:) It is alot of time but by the end we are glad we did:) (and times in between) We had so much fun seeing you guys this summer. We miss you!

8/25/2008 05:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home