Breakfast or dinner? It's tricky!
For some reason, Michael has a lack of interest in learning some things. I think it's really just that he doesn't care. For instance, he still doesn't recognize some of his colors. If he would stop to really look and think about it, he would get it, but if not he just says he doesn't know. Lately we have been working on when we eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Every time you ask him what we eat in the morning, he says dinner, and vice versa when you ask him what we eat at night. And as for during the day, he just never remembers lunch!
The other night while he was saying his prayers, he prayed that he would be able to eat some candy after dinner the next day. I knew he was talking about breakfast, so when he finished his prayer, I asked him,
me: Hey bud, what do we eat in the morning?
M: Umm, dinner!
me: (I laughed) No, we eat that at night! We eat breakfast in the morning!
M: (He laughed ) It's just so tricky!
Maybe it's my fault he gets so confused. Since breakfast is our favorite meal, I tend to cook it in the evening as well! Maybe I'm sending him mixed signals!!!

6 Comments:
ok-so, I think he and Talon would totally get along. Talon does the same thing. He calls breakfast, dinner. It is tricky :)
Breakfast is my favorite meal too!!! So glad you are an official blogger now! What a fun way to catch up with you and your cute family!
I am laughing because I can totally hear your voice saying, "It's just so tricky". So it's funny to think of Michael saying it. What a cutie!
I love it! Michael is so funny!
Lizzy you're such a sweet mom! The candy prayer is also a popular one at my house. Well, except that it is less specific with "treat". They don't want to leave out any possibilities. And Michael would like it here, we have Brinner all the time.
Ok, the word verification is esumka. That sounds like a red neck word "I'm gunna get me sum kay"
the blog is looking so fabulous lizzie!!!
way to go on the banner... it looks perfect. I love seeing an ehphoto up there as well ;)
lol about the mixups with meals! stella does the same thing. time is really tricky too. Tomorrow is actually yesterday and yesterday is two weeks ago! funny.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home