5/09/2008

Bad day, Good night!

I had to take Lyla up to Mission Hospital to get some blood work done, apparently their lab is more equipped to do the tests that needed to be done. We are still trying to figure out why she cries all the time, and why she is not hitting some developmental markers. The doctor's office gave me a urine bag to use on Lyla to collect a sample before we headed up there. I was pretty skeptical that it would collect anything, but actually got a nice cupful this morning! Of course, I forgot to bring it with me!

The visit was pretty awful! Lyla inherited my terrible veins, nurses can never get me with just one poke. Four nurses and five pokes later, they still were not able to get enough blood for all the tests, but we called it a day. They stuck her in one arm, two hands, and two little feet. She was miserable, and I was holding together pretty well until they were done and handed her to me. She was screaming of course, and then threw up through her nose and mouth, but mostly missed me! But that is when I lost it!



But the day ended well with Michael making me french toast for dinner! He loves to cook with me, and always runs to get out his red apron! He actually cracks eggs better than his sisters do!



He is always so proud of himself in the kitchen! I am starting to love cooking with my kids. I have always resisted because of the mess, but since they love to watch cooking shows with me, I decided I should help them learn how to put the things they watch to some good.



So, even though the day was kind of hard, you can't help but smile when it ends like that!

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Hopefully the drs will be able to get some results quickly so we know what's up w/ cute Lyla. Loved the pics of Michael and Mike making dinner...very cute! We love you guys!

5/09/2008 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

I am so sorry about your hard day!! I hope the Dr's figure out what is going on, the "unknown" is so hard to deal with.

I love Michael and his apron, really that is so cute! Hayden is my baker buddy and he would be stoked if he had his own apron, I will have to keep my eye out for one. Love you lots!

5/09/2008 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger LJ, DC and ML said...

Don't worry, Mark prayed every night for baby Lyla that she won't cry so much and will be happy. He also prayed that his parents wouldn't be eaten by a shark. :)

5/10/2008 03:00:00 PM  
Blogger simon and amy said...

I hate that they had to poke Lyla so many times. :( Hopefully things will start getting better and you'll get some answers. I love the pictures of Michael as your cooking helper. You've done it! - you've inspired me to be a more fun mom. I'm always shooing the kids out of the kitchen and that's no fun at all.

5/10/2008 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

What adorable pictures, and I love it that Michael was helping with the dinner. You have inherited my feelings about Mother's Day, and I feel bad about that. You are doing such a great job, and you have an adorable family. I do hope that the drs will be able to figure out what Lyla's problems are. It is so sad to watch her being so miserable, and the pokes are definitely hard to watch. We love you!

5/11/2008 07:44:00 AM  
Blogger The Henries said...

Ah, my heart ached reading about them trying to take her blood. I wish you both didn't have to go through that. I'm sorry I didn't know that she wasn't doing well. I thought she was just colicy (if that is a word).

I'm bad about letting the girls in the kitchen because it takes twice as long and they seem to lick their fingers and then touch food. I shouldn't be grossed out by my own kid's germs, I know. I'm going to follow your lead and be better. My kids love Sandra Lee and Paula Dean. Emily is also starting to like Giada when she sees her on.

5/11/2008 07:17:00 PM  
Blogger everything pink! said...

oh my michael is so cute and that apron!!!

5/18/2008 06:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home